ePrescribing for Controlled Substances
The e-Prescribing mandates keep coming. States across the country are mandating e-Prescribing of controlled substances to help fight the opioid epidemic sweeping our nation. With e-Prescribing vendors, like eMedicalFusion, meeting state-mandated requirements while at the same time enhancing patient safety and clinical efficiency is painless. Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS) is legal in all 50 states and eMedicalFusion EHR with ePrescribing allows licensed prescribers to prescribe controlled and non-controlled substances in all of them.
With eMedicalFusion EHR ePrescribing you are able to:
1. Lookup a patient’s prescription history across all providers (works for about 90% of all patients)
2. Retrieve the prescription history and store the patient’s complete medication history in eMedicalFusion.
3. Enhance safety since now the drug/drug interaction checker will check all medications not just the ones you are prescribing. We know that many patients have medications from other doctors that either are absolutely contraindicated with other meds or the efficacy is reduced substantially.
4. Comply with prescribing requirements in states like NY, Maine, CT, VA and others that either already have required ePrescribing for controlled substances or are in the process of updating regulations to require ePrescribing for Controlled Substances
5. Use a painless form of 2-factor authentication required by EPCS where you don’t even have to type in codes – just press a button on your mobile device to authorize the Rx.
Want to learn more, just contact eMedicalFusion for a demo or to ask any questions that you have.